Skip to main content
Ask a Question
Asked a question last month

ISO contractor in/near Bronx NY to install heat pump water heater in a 2 family home - any recommendations? My gas hot water heater failed last night, and in 24 hours I was not able to find a contractor who was willing to replace it with a heat pump water heater…including 2 contractors on the NYS Clean Heat contractor list. The 2 issues across the board were lack of familiarity with the technology or inability to get a product to my house within 48 hours. This includes contractors I was referred to via Home Depot, Lowe’s, and the Rheem website. Even when I offered to supply the new HPWH tank myself (after seeing that a couple are available at the local HD), 2 contractors balked because they don’t install customer-supplied products. This is for a 2 family home in the Bronx. With a recently upsized electrical panel and a basement boiler room that’s well configured for a HPWH. Because I am stubborn, I managed a temporary solution that will keep us going with our current tank for another 6 months, maybe more. Hopefully that will be enough time to get this sorted.

Where am I?

In Passive House Accelerator Community you can ask and answer questions and share your experience with others!

No answers yet.