Skip to main content
Justin Robert Milliet Rodrigues Taylor
Project Manager, CPHD, LEED GA
Asked a question last month

For the detail shown here, I'm following the ISO 10211 'Option B' method, but I'm getting some weird results. The top Psi value is coming out as 0.00667 W/m K, while the bottom psi value is -2.2455 W/m K. That bottom one is the one that sounds quite off to me, specially when I compare the heat flux view of the total detail versus the 'soil only' detail. I am using THERM via Grasshopper/Honeybee to come up with this, and I've already tried running the models in THERM alone but I'm still getting the same results. The basic math here is the following: Psi total = Total detail heat flow - Soil detail heat flow - Upper wall heat flow - Lower exposed wall heat flow Then... Psi Lower detail = Detail at soil only heat flow - Soil detail heat flow Psi Upper detail = Psi total - Psi Lower Detail I'm getting similar issues in other #thermalbridge analysis in contact with the ground, so I'm wondering if I'm running the 'ground only' model incorrectly. I'm currently just using the U-values of the walls straight from PHPP in order to determine the 'film coefficient' of the interior detail. Would very much appreciate any feedback!

Where am I?

In Passive House Accelerator Community you can ask and answer questions and share your experience with others!

No answers yet.